Wedding decorations with mason jarsby Ellen-Rose Brown
Here at Wedition, we like to keep on top of the latest wedding trends so we are delighted to say that one of our favourites is back in - mason jars. Ideal for rustic décor or a laid-back wedding vibe, this simple wedding decoration is easy to make at home and are very effective at creating an impact.
There are many different ways that you can incorporate mason jars as wedding decorations, it just depends on your venue, theme and budget as to which will work best for your special day. Take a look at our favourite wedding decorations with mason jars ideas, from using them as a place setting, table centrepiece or by creating a chandelier - the possibilities are endless!
Statement mason jar wedding decorations
Mason jar wedding decorations elevate your wedding venue to a whole new level. Whether you use them to transform wooden beams, create a magical ceiling feature or enhance an area - there are so many ways you can get creative with mason jars at your wedding.
- For barn weddings, use mason jars around beam bases or use them to create a rustic chandelier.
- Create stunning whimsical backdrops for your photographs, with branches adorned with mason jars filled with fairylights.
Wedition Fun Fact: Back in 1858 mason jars had one main purpose - to store and preserve food, now they are versatile wedding decorations.
Photo credit: Bonnie Kittle
Surprise your guests with mason jar wedding decorations
A quirky and unique way to serve cocktails or Champagne for the speeches is to use mason jar wedding decorations.
- For Winter weddings, give your guests a warming treat of mulled wine or hot chocolate served in a mason jar.
- In Spring or Summer, add to your rustic look with mason jars filled with Pimm's or Champagne.
- If you are looking to add a retro sweet trolley to your wedding, collect a mix of different sizes and colours of mason jars and fill them with a variety of sweets for your guests to tuck into.
Guide your guests with mason jar wedding decorations
Mason jars adorned with fairylights or tealights create a wonderful ambiance for your rustic wedding, but they also serve a great practical purpose. By lighting your path up the aisle, marking out key paths to the bar, bathrooms or even guiding fragile guests away from beams or steep steps.
Wedition Hot Tip: Battery tea lights are a great and safe option for both indoor and outdoor weddings. Plus if it's windy or rainy you can rest assured your mason jar wedding decorations will still light the way for your guests.
Bring colour to your wedding with mason jar decorations
If you are looking for a laid-back style that makes your guests feel at ease, your wedding table decorations and place settings play an important role in creating that vibe. You can experiment with different height, size and colour or even patterns of mason jars.
- Swap out traditional tableware for retro mason jars.
- Fill mason jars with fresh flowers and attach your table name or number to each jar.
- Place utensils and napkins inside the mason jar for a casual place setting.
Incorporating your Wedition with mason jar wedding decorations
We will create your Wedition to complement your colour scheme and wedding theme. By including special articles such as the story of how you met, the proposal or fun games such as wedding speech bingo we can help you make your wedding story unforgettable. Such a wonderful keepsake to give to your guests on the day of your wedding.
Why not prop your Wedition wedding favour up against the magical backdrop of a mason jar filled with fairylights?
To bring your wedding story to life contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo credit: BeUnveiled Photography